March 20, 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
As we continue to navigate COVID-19 together, we want to update you on the proactive measures we are taking to keep everybody safe. The health and well-being of our employees and partners is our first priority and we are implementing these changes in compliance with state and federal advice to help slow the spread of this virus across Vermont.
Our teams have been instructed to do whatever they can to reduce the person-to-person contact while still performing basic job functions. This includes:
Office / General
- Any employee experiencing cold or flu symptoms is required to stay home.
- Non-essential employees are being encouraged to work remotely. This may result in staffing shortages in our offices, so please excuse any delays in response, particularly to telephone inquiries. If your matter is urgent and there is no answer at our office, please do not hesitate to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are closing our warehouse to any visitors and product pickups.
- We are maintaining high hygiene and disinfecting standards and have instructed our employees in best practices, as recommended by the Center of Disease Control and the State of Vermont.
- Our representatives in the field will be collecting orders via phone/text/email whenever possible, including all 1st class/on-premise retailers.
- All brewery rep ride-withs, in-person sales meetings, and trade events have been canceled or postponed thru the end of the month, at which point we will reevaluate for future action. While some retailers may continue to host events, I am asking for your understanding in excusing Craft representatives from attending.
- At this time, we are encouraging our retail partners to engage in Retailer Portal for placing orders, and Fintech (application attached) for payments. These resources can keep you informed about item availability, incoming and past orders, and process paperless payments electronically, while also safely limiting the amount of person-to-person contact on a day-to-day basis.
- All trucks have been equipped with disinfectant and our drivers have been instructed to wipe down all interior and exterior touch-points before and after every shift.
- We are requiring our warehouse and delivery teams to wear gloves at all times.
- Customers will not be asked to sign for deliveries. Our drivers will enter the name of the receiver into their iPhone as proof of receipt.
Finally, please prepare to bear with us in the event that we have delivery delays due to staffing shortages or any other sustained suspension of operations. We will do what we can, safely and within reason, to ensure continuity for your business. We understand that our businesses depend on each other, and it is our hope that taking these measures now will help everybody minimize the impacts in the long term.
Thank you, as always, for your partnership during this unique and difficult challenge.